Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, May 7, 2010

A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour

I threw away one hour's work of drawing Max in disgust….OMG, it was impossible to draw so much fur~

Poor Max after my rendition looked more like a monkey than a proud gladiator-like German Shepherd from pure breed stock of distinction~ aaaargh.

And as I listened to Steve Jobs 2005 Stanford Commencement Address over and over again while drawing….btw I really love his motivational messages to the new graduates even though the message was more than 5 yrs old…fast forward to 2010, in its entirety the address was still relevant and truly inspirational !

And what I hear , I also see connection to my dismal failure of attempting to draw Max:
"Dont lose faith…."
Yes, I shall keep looking….

For now, I will surrender but I will keep trying some time soon….

For now, I will hv to be satisfied that the best I can sketch my beloved GSDs is this illustration of my darling Roxy ♥♥♥


sketch on natural charcoal
title: beloved ROXY
Ⓒmichellechoongkhoo

and then I received this in my email

* Accept that some days you're the pigeon,
And some days you're the statue.
*

~~


*A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour*.

Happy Mother's Day 2010

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest