Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, May 24, 2014

art is like an old fren~michellechoongkhoo

I feel like I have been away from my paints and brushes for ages .
Yet when I brought them out from their storage to do some practise, it feels like I have never stopped loving them.
you know in the way that conversations with old old frens are like?
How, we may not meet and talk often with good friends but even after a a long absence , conversations can take off like a plane lifting off the runway , as if we had left off from just yesterday or an hour ago?

So it is exactly , this way how I feel when I suddenly feel an irresistible urge to just paint , nervous and yet it felt sooooo familiar.
And it was a lovely feeling , smiles.

why did I suddenly feel like painting after so many months without inspiration?

I chanced upon this truly beautiful video of Stanislav Steif painting on youtube !
It was so mesmerizing, I actually sat thru the entire 1hr 45mins in one sitting!
Here's the link to his fantastic art , seeing is believing, you have got to view it to know what I mean by beautiful art
you tube link :  Steifart

Thus , that's how I went to dig up my materials on a Monday , pouring dogs and cats which meant I couldnt go to the office... and I tried a few warm up water color exercises:






Tomorrow, I shall upload my oils attempts :) 









No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest